Tuesday 6 October 2015

There's no fool like an old fool

I'd had all month to write a new song ahead of last night's Songwriters Circle, but, not for the first time, I missed the deadline completely. Damn you Noel Gallagher - you say these songs are falling out of the sky waiting to be caught - why don't you start sending a few my way? I did, however, write a song straight off the bat when I got back. How perverse is that? It's called There's No Fool (Like An Old Fool) and was inspired by a line from my dad's recent postcard: he's just completed his first solo vacation in I don't know how many years following the recent death of my mother.

As missives go it was probably the most information packed script ever to fill the reverse side of a 7 x 5 picture of The Med. He missed his calling - he should've been a copywriter and no mistake. Or a stand in for Michael Palin.

No comments:

Post a Comment